All American Pet Resorts – Director of Operations
A new position with an established franchise company serving 9 locations in 4 states.
The Director of Operations will:
• Work & manage the Royal Oak, Michigan All American Pet Resort;
become the authority on daily resort operations and management;
• successfully execute best practices and SOP within the Royal Oak resort raising it to ‘Flagship’ status;
• educate and lead current resort owners/managers toward uniform operations with improved financial results;
• build a resort development team to launch new owners and locations.
The Director of Operations will evaluate every process and best practice among the existing resorts to determine their productive and profitable contribution to operations. This analysis will result in codified Standard Operating Procedures that will be instituted in, and improve the performance of, the currently successful Royal Oak resort.
This ‘Flagship’ operation will then be identified as the ‘Brand Standard’ and training center. Upon positive, demonstrated success, the Standard Operating Procedures will be introduced to existing resort owners with the goal of uniform execution. All new unit operators will be fully trained and launched using only Standard Operating Procedures.
The review of current practices by the Director of Operations will include, but not be limited to, retail marketing strategies, internal sales processes, technical operations, staff qualifications and job descriptions, technology, product and supplier selections, physical resort recommendations and P&L performance. The Director of Operations will report to the Executive Vice President and work closely with long standing, successful franchise owners and their staff. The Director will work closely with the Royal Oak staff during the evolution to Flagship status as well as outside marketing and management experts.
The primary objectives for this position are:
• Drive growth and improve unit economics of existing franchisees
• Train and launch new franchisees timely and effectively
• Provide consultative, value-added communication and assistance to franchisees, directly and through support teams, that build strong working relationships with franchisees based on trust, transparency and accountability.
Job Requirements – A Highly Motivated, Dynamic Leader
• Strong leadership, motivation, presentation and consultative communication skills with the ability to make a positive change.
• Ability to perform business analysis and create a plan of action for improvement if necessary.
• Demonstrated track record in meeting/exceeding budget and/or development goals.
• Ability to travel up to 25%, as necessary.
• 5+ Years Franchise operations/business support experience.
• 5+ Years Prior training experience.
• Pet retail experience preferred but not required.
• Full Time.
Please submit resume and cover letter to All American Pet Resorts email:
email@example.com by May 21, 2021.